A Brief History
Hobby City had humble beginnings when it was established in central Auckland back in 1981. Through a combination of hobbyist passion, dedication to customer service and lots of hard work, the business has matured into one of the most iconic and well-respected hobby shops in New Zealand. We’ve moved a few times and have had to evolve with the ever-changing hobby landscape, but our core values remain the same. Since 2011, we’ve been nestled beside Mount Wellington- just minutes away from the Southern Motorway.
Our spacious locale means that we get to offer the largest range of hobby products in the country, with nearly 50,000 unique items available in-store and online. This includes plastic kits, diecast models, trains, boats, RC cars and aircraft, tools, motors, spare parts and heaps, heaps more. Whether you’re just getting into hobbies or you’re a long-time veteran with a garage full of toys- we’ve got something for you.
As we’re hobby enthusiasts ourselves, it’s very important to us that the products we sell are of top-notch quality and fully supported by their manufacturers and suppliers. That’s why we only sell brands that are tried and trusted: Hyperion, Traxxas, Hornby, Tamiya, Futaba, Spektrum, Kyosho, ParkZone, Airfix, Scalextric, AUTOart and Hobby Master, just to name a few. If we wouldn’t advise using it, we won’t sell it.
So have a browse through the site or come on in to the shop and see what we have to offer. We have lots of free parking right outside the door. You won’t be disappointed.
The Auckland Team
- Karin (Finance and Operations Manager)
- John (Digital, Social and Email Marketing)
- Vinit (First Line Customer Support and Product Purchasing Officer)
- Adam (Senior Customer Support, Service & Repairs of all things technical)
- Tony (Senior Customer Support and general guru of all things in our shop)
- Richard (Outbound Shipping Manager)
- Helen (Customer Service and Inbound Product Management)
- Nina (Customer Service and Outbound Shipping)
- Fareena (Customer Service and Support)
- Aston (Customer Service and Support)